Tuesday, May 23, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
If you register for a workshop, and do not attend, you will still be responsible for the registration fee, unless you send a substitute, or cancel in writing five business days before the training.
Attention: 5 business days cancellation is required otherwise responsible for registration fee.
3.0 hours toward CARC certification and re-certification.
1/2 HOUR OF PRE-WORK ASSIGNMENT IS REQUIRED IN PREPARATION FOR THIS ON-LINE TRAINING
Digital Face-to-Face Format: Currently, Motivational Interviewing for Recovery Coaches & Other Peer Workers is offered in a Digital Face-to-Face format via Zoom. The 3-hour CE workshop uses a blended learning format: 1/2-hour self-guided, self-paced assignment plus 2 1/2 hours of digital face-to-face interaction. You will need to complete the 1/2-hour pre-work assignment prior to the digital on-line training:
Self-Paced Assignments – Completed PRIOR to the Zoom meetings. Allocate 1/2-hour total.
- 1/2-hour pre-work assignment
- Zoom Meetings – participants gather/learn together using completed self-paced assignments as the jumping off point for activities & discussion. Allocate 2 1/2-hours.
- Evaluations – Pertains exclusively to learning, ongoing skills development & practical application. Must be returned to REC within 3 days of completing the Zoom meeting.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Recovery Coaches offers participants a 1/2-day of unique opportunities to deepen their understanding, practice and proficiency with MI, a highly-regarded evidence-based practice for encouraging, facilitating and supporting behavior change as it may be specifically adapted for non-clinical uses by Recovery Coaches & Peers.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- Explain the concept of intrinsic motivation and its role in recovery & MI.
- Review the history and use of MI
- Define the key points, processes and skills of MI.
- Describe “change talk” and practice identifying it within MI interactions.
- Articulate how/why MI aligns with the non-clinical lade of Recovery Coach/Peer.
- Practice each of the skills (O-A-R-S) with meaningful observer feedback.
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Addictions Service, & AdCare Educational Institute, Inc.
Registration Deadline (or when registration reaches capacity):
May 16, 2023 11:59 AMET